WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER EXERCISE FOR FIGHTERS?
All firefighters love this exercise because here you can develop strength, combat endurance and technique. Everything is clear with force, because you invest in the blow, and thus train the body. Stamina increases due to a large number of repetitions, so you will put your body into test. And what about the technique? This exercise will teach you to include in time each muscle group that takes part in the handicap. This will make it more technical and stronger.
WHAT DO YOU GET FROM SLEDGEHAMMER EXERCISES FOR WRESTLERS?
They also often perform this complex. The difference is that they take up the end of the handle of the sledgehammer, thereby making a big lever and significantly complicating the task. They throw the sledgehammer with the whole body, thus imitating the moment of
WHAT DO BODYBUILDER SLEDGEHAMMER EXERCISES DO?
So we came to the most interesting thing. Yes, a sledgehammer also helps in bodybuilding, it develops a large number of muscles.
- Shoulders, biceps, and forearms – all these 3 groups are included in the work, because it is our hands that hold the sledgehammer, and at the last moment of impact they bear all the load.
- The broadest muscles – they start working during the swing. Due to the fact that the blow is not usually applied from above and at an angle, we have oblique muscles of the press working.
- Lumbar spine – according to the principle of traction, we develop it when we take the sledgehammer away from the tire.
- Calf legs – many athletes do a lot of repetitions and to increase the impact of the socks a little. Because of this, we get to train calf muscles.
What do we need?
- A sturdy tire of a large size so that the sledgehammer can be shock-absorbed and kicked off.
- A quality sledgehammer, without splinters, rust, with a comfortable handle.
- Gloves to avoid damaging the palms of your hands. Due to friction and a lot of repetitions, it is possible to peel off the skin,
thereformake sure to always use gloves.